Monday 20 May 2013

Ciara Phelan Homework!

This piece of art here is by Ciara Phelan (read the title!). Your probably wondering why I'm doing a post on art, not fashion, (soz guys!) but I just wanted to express my fondness of this artist. I came across her art because of a school course thing I am doing. A small number of students from my school, including me, were chosen to do an extra, early-entry GCSE in Art Illustration (GCSEs  are exams we do here in England at the end of school). Hopefully, this will help me towards my job, as I want to be a photographer (and journalist). Anyway, we were given homework on Ciara Phelan, and have to do a collage based on her work. I haven't finished mine yet, but here is my unfinished work, based on the above piece of art: 


What do you think? Let me know:) 
  
Now for the bit where I tell you a bit about Ciara! Ciara has been a freelance illustrator and paper craft artist since 2008, working from Open in North London. She graduated from studying graphic design at Brighton University. At first she worked as a junior for IWANT design, a small creative company. 
In 2010, Ciara set up a freelance company so she could work on her own visual language and image making skills. In 2011, she co-founded a new venture called Many Hands, which is a new online store offering customers to the chance to buy exciting contemporary prints and products straight from the artists. She is now a popular artist working freelance. 






Thats all for today, I will post my finished piece of art tomorrow. 
Love from The girl with the BC's x







1 comment:

  1. Cool!
    Check out my blog... theperksofbeingamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews