Saturday 18 May 2013

JDRF Swish!

Before I begin, welcome to my blog! I will post about fashion, beauty, my life and a bit of photography! If you like that, then this is the blog for you! Anywho, lets get back to business...  

So, yesterday my good friend, Another kinda fashion blogger ( Here is her blog link: http://anotherkindafashionblog.blogspot.co.uk) and I, went to my family friends house, Johanna Payton, aka Fashion Detective, a fellow blogger and journalist/stylist/photographer (Here is her blog link: http://www.fashiondetective.co.uk/) for a JDRF swish! JDRF is the charity that we support as I have type 1 diabetes, and JDRF is the children's charity for type 1. 
 
Type 1 diabetes is a disease that is common with children between the ages of nine and 17, but babies and young adults can also develop Type 1. Some people think that people develop Type 1 due to their weight or unhealthy lifestyle, but that is a different sort of diabetes called Type 2 which is more common than Type 1, but in adults between the ages of 40 and 60. Type 1 is less common and is either genetic or caused by something else. Type 1 is when an organ called the pancreas, just behind the stomach, stops producing insulin, the liquid that breaks down the sugar from your food and they have to depend on injections that we inject whenever we eat. I used to have injections but now I have an insulin pump which is a machine that pumps it in for me. I have had Type 1 for 4 years now, since I was nine years old.  
Insulin Pumps 
A swish is a clothes swap, where everyone brings in clothes they don't want anymore and swap with someone. When you choose a clothes item, you put money in and the money we send to JDRF. Johanna and my family have done swishes before, but this one was really awesome, as Another kinda fashion blogger and I got to design a dress for Johanna! As part of Johanna's blog, she got given a plain  black maxi dress and glitter paints and other decorative stuff. The dress was given to her by Boohoo.com to decorate, and she gave Another kinda fashion and I the honours of decorating it! Here are some pics: 


There we are, making our masterpiece! ;) 



Can you see why I'm called the girl with the burgundy converse! 

Looking good! 
Nice modelling Another kinda fashion blogger!

 
Yum! A fab cupcake to congratulate ourselves on our hard work! 
Now for the clothes I came away with: 
Tommy Hilfiger, ooh posh tot! LOL:) 

                                                             Black lace, very sophisticated!


                                         I don't know if you can see, but this features cute little cats!



                                                   This is one of my fav's! Japan here I come!


                                   I love the lace flowers at the top. We can thank Johanna for this one!


Aaah, what a wonderful sight, clothes everywhere! So, it turned out to be a very eventful evening! In the end we raised £85.00, which doesn't sound that much, but as Tesco say, "Every little helps!"Thats it for today, but I hope you enjoyed it!  
Love from The girl with the BC's x 
Ps BCs stand for burgundy converse, if you were wondering! Finally, soz for the long post, I just have so much to yap on about! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews